Board Certified in Internal Medicine
August 26, 2022Posted by on
See the “Guidelines” section, please.
- Know the differential for this condition
- Know how to differentiate between different types of cough.
- Know how to approach a patient with a cough.
- Know basic signs, symptoms, and treatment of other medical conditions in the differential.
- Harrison’s chapter on cough
- UpToDate: Evaluation and treatment of subacute and chronic cough in adults. Please look at the algorithm (also in the “student slides” below).
Please use the text of your choice, e.g., UpToDate, Step-up to Medicine, Harrison’s, etc.
- Post nasal drip
- Reactive airway disease
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
Comments are closed.