Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- There are no writing assignments for the students. We want students to do what they are supposed to do – read and have fun!
- The students who have been assigned a topic will only have to get together with the presenter to give their input about the topic and format. This will entail going over the topic first and usually one short meeting with Dr. Rana for their suggestions.
- Please read the topic beforehand.
- All students are expected to be logged in via Zoom, including the ones attending the meeting in person.
- All students are expected to participate and answer questions in the text box via Zoom.
- Download/log in to MDCalc.com | Apple | Android
- Know the differential for chest pain
- Know how to differentiate between STEMI, NSTEMI, Unstable Angina, and Angina.
- Know how to approach a patient with cardiac chest pain, esp., NSTEMI, and STEMI.
- Know when to apply various risk stratification scores like the HEART score and GRACE score etc.
- Know basic signs and symptoms of other medical conditions in the differential.
Harrison’s: Chapter 14 Chest discomfort
Please use the text of your choice, e.g., UpToDate, Step-up to Medicine, etc.
- Unstable angina
- Aortic dissection
- Acute pericarditis
- MVP (mitral valve prolapse)
- HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy)
- Esophageal rupture
Format of presentation:
- An introductory case that proceeds to show how to approach the symptom, including,
- Differential diagnosis
- Approach to the problem
- Short cases
- Long cases
- Questions and discussion
All students are expected to be logged in via Zoom (even the ones attending the meeting in person).
All students are expected to participate and answer questions via Zoom.
Generally geared toward applying the above knowledge to diagnose various conditions in the differential diagnosis.
Generally geared toward applying the above knowledge to treat various conditions.
Questions and discussion:
Work-up and differential:
Comments are closed.