Board Certified in Internal Medicine
September 19, 2022Posted by on
Please see the “Guidelines” section.
- Know the differential for this condition
- Know how to approach a patient with this condition.
- Know basic signs, symptoms, and treatment of other medical conditions in the differential.
- Harrison’s chapter on Hypoxia.
- UpToDate: Evaluation and management of the nonventilated, hospitalized adult patient with acute hypoxemia
Please look at the algorithm below.
- Also, review other “student slides” below. Know the differential and work-up algorithm!
Please use the text of your choice, e.g., UpToDate, Step-up to Medicine, Harrison’s, etc.
- Pathophysiology of Hypoxia
- Concept of V/Q mismatch and shunts
- How to calculate A-a gradient
Comments are closed.